AIM
jdh504

Falling to pieces/What's Done Falling to pieces/What's Done

Fuck yeah!

Dude, this sounds awesome!
For the intro/verse, the opening riff is great as always, and I really like the overlapping screaming/talking you did there, and then it's awesome when it's just solo screaming for the last phrase of the verse and the lyrics involve screaming, great stuff!
For the chorus(1 and 2), those vocals are incredible! Has a kind of Killswitch Engage feel to it, it's always great to hear someone who not only can scream and whatnot, but then turn around and sing something great like that, sounds fucking amazing dude. Also, the transition from the first chorus is pretty brutal, and the one after the second chorus has a cool change of pace as well.
For the blah, blah, stuff, solo, maybe it's just me, but I feel that the talking part when it breaks down could be more heavy, not like riffwise or anything, but maybe you could lean more towards shouting rather than just talking, dunno though, maybe it's just a matter of preference there. The solo on the other hand is fucking awesome, nice tapping! The breakdown during the solo sounds great as well!
The only thing I would consider tweaking in my opinion is the talking part after the second chorus that I mentioned before, but besides that it sounds spot-on! It's great to hear that you're coming out with an album, too! Are you gonna be releasing the album on iTunes or anything like that? I'd love to buy it when it's complete and give it a listen! If you want any more feedback on any of the other album tracks I'll be more than happy to help you out there, hope the album recording process is going well for you!

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks for the super kind words, dude. Thats awesome. This is just a rough up of the song. I actually just recorded the vocals just before putting it on newgrounds. I've redone everything. Especially the talking part, that was a 'made up on the spot" thing. My focus here was to get peoples opinions on the different choruses. I'm not going to leak which one I used either ;).

I was going to release ALL the songs on newgrounds at this quality, and sell the c.d. of it all done through a studio. However, the release here on newgrounds may not come to fruition. And here is why:

There have been a lot of FANTASTIC artists that have been here on Newgrounds but discouraged by the vote/rating system. Regardless of the score, it does directly effect their exposure..

It's basically a slap in the face to the artists that work hard to provide newgrounds with the best ORIGINAL, free music ANYWHERE on the internet. SO these artists are slapping newgrounds back in the face, by NO LONGER providing their music for free, and leaving the site. I want to show my support for them, as their loss here is greater than people think. So I may no longer submit anything that I've really worked hard on, to newgrounds either. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of support and fans because of newgrounds. So only the people who have added me to their favorites will still get a "newground quality" cut of the C.D. for free, but that will be handled privately. :D

The audio portal isn't a joke. It shouldn't be treated like one.

The Successor (from FFVIII) The Successor (from FFVIII)

Agreed

This is definitely one of the more underrated tracks from FF VIII, but I absolutely love this song, has such a bitter sweet tone to it, gotta love it, great job!

Never Look Back (FF8) Never Look Back (FF8)

Great!

Sounds great, I only have one complaint about this piece. That would be the main melody that sounds like some type of horn, it just doesn't have the same impact as the original does, if I remember the original had a different tone(not sure if you couldn't re-create that or not) but besides that one horn part, everything else sounds great!

Succession of Witches (FF8) Succession of Witches (FF8)

Well done!

I must say, it's very refreshing to see someone who has so many covers of FF8 songs, gotta love it. This one is just as good, if not better than the original, very intricate, so many little parts that just make it great as a whole, and I love the hip-hop feel to the drums as well, great job!

Only A Plank Between (FF8) Only A Plank Between (FF8)

Great Cover!

One of my favorites from FF8, and I think you did it justice! Definitely sounds much more epic than the original, I also liked the addition of those different strings that started at about 1:40 or so, good stuff!

FFIVIntothedarkness-Metaljonus FFIVIntothedarkness-Metaljonus

Great Cover

I agree, this theme in the game is pretty epic, and this cover definitely does it justice! I'm glad to see that one of my favorite guitarists on NG is a fan of the Final Fantasy music, I hope to hear more FF covers from you soon! Great stuff!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks I got like 2 other covers check them out!

Those Who Fight [CO] Those Who Fight [CO]

Wow!

This sounds very professional! I really think this could be used in a remake or some offshoot of FF VII and I would be pleased with it, great job!

CelestOrion responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Final Fantasy Kuja{Remastered} Final Fantasy Kuja{Remastered}

Great!

This mix sounds great, definitely took a different turn at the part where the song picks up. I have to say I was disappointed not to hear the that intro to the fast part with the bass drum, buttt I can live with it, this sounds great, definitely an example of a great cover, with the proper mix of the original theme while adding in your own originality! Good stuff!

fishfood2021 responds:

Thanks homie! I appriciate the review :)

Final Fantasy Power Final Fantasy Power

Great remix

This sounds great, very calming just like the original, except now I can bob my head to it! lol great job!

Legendary Beast (FF8) - Remix Legendary Beast (FF8) - Remix

Amazing!

This is probably the best cover of Legendary Beast I have heard. All the parts are spot on and the instruments just blend so well, and sounds almost exactly, if not better, than the original...I'd say the best point is the start when the beat comes in, very intense! Of course, I love every other part of this song too, it just reminds me why I love Nobuo's music so much....great cover!

viion responds:

Thank you for the thoughtful reply i appeciate it, im glad you like it :D